[AT] 430V Manual

deanvp deanvp at att.net
Sat Nov 25 09:22:39 PST 2017

Spencer,
Unfortunately I have some bad news for you. The manual you just purchased isn't going to be much help to you, until you also purchase the 40 manual. I'm traveling so I have limited access to any reference material but if you were to do a search on Ebay, there is a seller of reproduction technical manuals for your 420/430 that combines all the 40 and additional 420/430 information into one manual and My guess will be it will be less expensive than buying just the 40 tech manual from Deere. He includes some very valuable additional information over and above what is contained in the 40 and 430 manual. But right now as I 'm traveling down the road I don't Remer specifically what it was but may include the torque specs. I went through this on my 320 Industrial but fortunately I was forwarded and didn't have to pay Deere's high prices for manuals that didn't include all the info I needed.
-------- Original message --------From: Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> Date: 11/24/17  9:31 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: Re: [AT] My little tiny tractor runs
Sounds like a great day!   Congrats on getting the tractor running and glad to hear the kids took part.

Cecil hit it dead on with specific examples.  So nothing to add here.  But in this particular instance I would definitely try to use NAPA because  I have found their electrical parts are usually better quality(Echlin brand).  Hopefully you have one near you.

Spencer Yost