[AT] Hay wagon update

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Nov 21 05:59:04 PST 2017

Sportsman's Guide had a sale on those .045 thickness blades made for
Stainless Steel.  They came in a metal can and were less than $0.40 ea.
I bought 100 and later bought another 100.  I have a Dewalt cordless 18V
grinder that never seemed to have enough power or last long enough to
really cut or grind.   Dewalt now makes a 20V adapter for the 18V tools,
and that solved the problem.  I use that  cordless grinder at least 4
times a week.  With the thin blades, I just cut bolts or nuts instead of
worrying with the rust etc.  Unless of course it is a special place or
bolt..    When welding, if I need to make a small cut, I use the grinder
where I used the plasma cutter or torch earlier.  It makes for a much
better weld and a more professional look.  I also have one of those 8in
diameter circular saws that use the carbide tipped blade for cutting
steel.  That blade is expensive, and I only use it when the plasma
cutter is too rough.   The plasma with a guide is about as good as using
a metal shear when piecing together large sheets.

Cecil in Okla