[AT] 430V update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Nov 20 18:37:54 PST 2017

Got the manifold off, easy as pie. The manifold and cylinder head surfaces were in pretty good shape. After filing I can't even get a .002" inch feeler gauge under the straight edge on either. So I am definitely good to go. There were a few high spots (picture below).

Another question:  The water temperature gauge does not work on this tractor.   I assume it's a Bourden(sp?) tube type gauge?  There's no electrical to it so I assume that's all it  can be.

With the manifold off, it is so easy to fix/replace the gauge, I'm tempted to go ahead and do that. I've always told you can't fix them and from what I understand from how they work that sounds likely.    Anyone have any ideas or know of good replacements?  All the aftermarket I can find don't have a John Deere logo.  That will not do for this tractor!  I'll price the dealer tomorrow but  Im sure it will be pricey since the logo is on it.  I had one fixed on an antique car, but they are no longer in business.  This was 15 years ago and it was pricey then. I probably could buy one from John Deere cheaper.

Thanks as usual in advance!

Spencer Yost