[AT] 430V update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Nov 18 18:42:39 PST 2017

You're probably right Farmer, as the hunt is not that bad and  can use the tractor. But it does prevent me from setting the idle and timing the engine. I have statically timed the engine, but I am unable to do a running timing. That's only reason I want to fix it.

On another note:  I used the bore scope  to peek around the carburetor to find the tag. I do have a TSX 688, which is the right carburetor for the tractor as Dean pointed out

I could not figure out where I got "541" from.  I have a couple of carburetors sitting around, so I guessed that's where I got it from.  But interestingly, I grabbed the two carburetors I have and neither one of them are TSX 541.   Then it occurred to me. The Pacer has a 541 carburetor and I was rebuilding it about the same time I was unsticking the 430. Geez, I hate getting old.

I picked up the manifold and carburetor gasket and hopefully will have time tomorrow to install them if the manifold doesn't need machining.

Spencer Yost