[AT] Fun with the manure spreader

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Nov 17 04:22:03 PST 2017

My hand start B is easy as times, and at times I struggle. Fresh gas in
the starting tank makes a big difference. (I put old junk fuel in the
main tank, rotten stuff I wouldn't let any other engine see).

 It starts the easiest when you don't want it to. I changed the oil once
 and moved the flywheel just looking for leaks and off it went. If the
 fuel is on and a kid plays with the flywheel even the slightest when
 you are not looking you will have a surprise running engine. Note that
 kids are likely to have jumped on the seat and turned the fuel valve
 before getting off and playing with the flywheel.

That is one reason I drain both fuel tanks after I'm done.

Like Dean I'm conservative with this tractor. My grandpa before me was
asked to enter it in a pull. He said "no, if I pull it I might break it,
and then I have to fix it". I do work, but nothing that needs all 16
horsepower it could deliver. She is getting close to 80 years old and
should enjoy retirement just pulling kids on a hay ride. I'll buy a new
tractor if I want to work hard. (I get an employee discount at John
Deere which changes that calculation)

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com