[AT] Fun with the manure spreader

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:21:51 PST 2017

Good looking spreader Dean.
I didn't mind forking manure too bad growing up but I did hate walking25'
with each fork-full to get to the spreader...
The open tromp shed type barns were not too bad during the years when we
had a little dozer. It worked really well at pushing everything out into a
lot and into a big pile. In the early days my father had bought a manure
fork to fit on the 3 point hitch and it was not bad to load a spreader
(when you are young and your neck still works). I put in a lot of hours
with it on the back of the Jubilee Ford. It would not rip packed manure up
very well but after dozing it out into a pile it loaded it well. Then we
got a Meyers side entry loader for the Jubilee. It was a good loader. When
we traded the Jubilee for a MF-65-D-HA the loader went on the TO-20
Ferguson. We had built up the TO-20 with oversized pistons and thin wall
sleeves to about 31 HP like the TO-30 and even without live hydraulics and
live PTO we liked it better than the Jubilee and it did more work and was
holding up much better as well. We parked the two side by side and went
over both of them carefully and talked about it a lot to decide which one
to trade-in. The Jubilee lost... Even though it had live hydraulic and live
PTO (hydraulic hand clutch behind the transmission). Today I would love to
have that Jubilee back but we were being brutally honest about our needs at
the time.

.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>