[AT] General questions

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Nov 13 18:23:00 PST 2017

I have two general questions that I have always wanted answers to, and I seem too intellectually challenged enough to solve on my own:

How do you oil very long chains(i.e. my baler or sawmill) without wasting tons of oil and making a mess?  I sit there with a plunger style oil can and oil when it's running.  But even  that seems sub optimal. There has to be a better way?

As Dean VP indicated in an earlier post, I should use WD-40 to hunt for vacuum leaks on my 430. I have done that before, and I did it again with the 430(to no avail). But I did hear many years ago that the only reason that WD40 used to work is because butane was the propellant and it no longer is the propellant.  Is that true?  Is there a better way to find vacuum leaks?   An unlit propane torch came to mind but sounded dangerous.

Thanks!  Inquiring minds want to know.

Spencer Yost