[AT] antique implement prices

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 15:52:03 PST 2017

Continuing to thin the "antique herd". This goes out to the ones of you
that have observed the items for sale in the past few years. I'm wanting
to get ball park prices for what some of these things are going for at
recent farm sales/auctions/collector liquidations etc.

Papec silage cutter, ready to use. I've only seen a few of these and
they are all the same--you haul bundles of corn to it and chunk it in.
It cuts and blows the silage in the silo. Ran by a flat belt and a
larger tractor.

Meadows grist mill, new enough to be in a steel housing(still about 80
years old). Ran 2 years ago. Other than cleaning its ready to use (it is
missing the sifter attachment).

Massey Harris manure spreader, worked when put under the shed 20 years
ago. This is a 4 wheel horse drawn machine. Still a lot of paint on the
wood and is solid enough to be used as far as I know.

IH horsedrawn corn binder. Works but the knotter needs attention.

I'm more interested in farming with old stuff than playing with
antiques, so its time for this stuff to move on down the road. Maybe I
need to clarify my definition of old. We have 2 tractors built in the
40's that we still use on the farm. The implements tend to be 20-50
years old.

John Hall