[AT] OT - Thanks For Your Service Vets

Dave Johnson webguydave at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 10:18:32 PST 2017

 Thanks for taking note of these offers, Chuck. I agree - I find myself steering towards these same restaurants throughout the year, in part because they seem to care....
With respect to Home Depot, the official 10% discount policy is steered towards retirees ( except for a couple specials days when all vets qualify) though some cashiers don't make that disticntion between retires and vets.
On the other hand, Lowe's gives ALL vets a 10% discount 365 days a year. Unfortunately, Lowe's arranges their stores in an odd fashion, with lumber on one end of the store and nails & screws on the other end...being a general contractor spending time walking around a store is a frustrating waste of time, so HD it usually is ( where the cashiers usually apply the 10% discount anyway).
On another not, it was indeed sad to the news of Dave's passing come across the wire - I've lurked on the ATIS group for more years than I remember and his posts were always worth reading. It seems that the pace of these voices becoming silent is ramping up as the years pass  (:<((
So, many thanks to all of you that share the ins and outs of making old iron tick - very enjpoyable reading and who knows? With retirement around the corner, there may be something old and green sitting in the shop!
Best
DaveGilroy, Ca