[AT] OT circuit breaker question

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:41:27 PST 2017

Throwing another two cents in here.

My GE panel (mentioned in previous post) has quite a few of the slots
occupied by half-slot breakers.  At first I was thinking this is what Don
was referring to when he said "tandem" but now I'm not so sure.  Found a
discussion on a web forum (link below) that says GE doesn't use tandems, it
uses these half-slot aka thin aka wafer aka many different nicknames.  From
here it gets a bit more complicated because some panels accept them, others
don't, for reasons related to NEC.  Of the panels that do accept half-slot
breakers, some impose a maximum number that can be used, and therefore they
will only fit in certain locations.  As I stated earlier, the type of
breakers that fit, and where they fit, will all be shown on the panel
label.  Here's a couple links:

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=142390

http://www.startribune.com/how-to-know-when-tandem-circuit-breakers-can-be-used-aka-cheater-breakers/140688183/

SO