[AT] OT circuit breaker question

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Nov 8 09:49:50 PST 2017

On 11/7/2017 2:56 PM, Don wrote:
> I need to add a 20A 220V circuit to a GE panel.  The problem is that
> there is only one open slot in the panel.  To add the 220 breaker I need
> to replace one of the breakers with a tandem breaker.  The breakers I
> find at the home centers do not have a deep enough slot where the
> breaker connects to the buss.  What type should I be looking for?

Don, it is amazing that you should ask this question as I need to add a
30A 240V circuit to a GE panel that is full! I found the same problem,
but have a number of tandem breakers already installed in this panel.
They came from an industrial supplier a number of years ago. I think I
will have to go to Gilroy to purchase these breakers at the industrial
supplier and I will ask them.

            Grant Brians