[AT] Got ripped off ordering some parts online. What should I do?

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:01:42 PDT 2017

 I purchased some parts (non-IH) through a FB auction site back in
April.  I'm in NC and he's in IN.   Paid with Paypal, and from there
the seller kept coming up with reasons (working 25 hours a day, etc.)
why  the parts were not being sent. He would message me every week or
so saying that they would be shipped, and then something would happen
and it wouldn't get done.

Finally after several months of this I asked for my money back.  No
response. So I talked to the group admin and he contacted the guy,
same sob story, etc.  I found out I'm not the first one this has
happened to.  Admin banned him from the group.  Guy then contacts me
and says he will send money back as soon as he's paid, on Oct. 25.
All this time I am getting firmer and firmer with him, threatening
(bluffing) legal action to hopefully scare him into action.
Sooo.....the money is "supposed"to be on the way and in my hands by
Saturday (tomorrow,) because the guy "no longer uses paypal...." but I
have my doubts.  Also it was late going in the mail because the post
office refuses to pick up/deliver mail until he moves his mailbox (?).
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see I'm being lied to left and
right.

I've done a little googling but most of what I have found deals with
if a company doesn't ship what you ordered, etc.  I can't find much
about what to do when an individual cheats you.  I have his address
(assuming he gave me the correct one) and from his fb account I know
where he works.  I have considered contacting his employer but I'm not
entirely sure that is legal.  Have any of you run into a situation
like this before?  Is there any way I can get my money back that is
both legal and doesn't cost me more than the money he's taken?

I have been buying parts, tractors and implements via email, ebay,
facebook, Red Power Magazine classifieds, Yesterdays Tractors
classifiends, other tractor websites, etc. for a long time and this is
the first time I've ever been cheated.  I guess there's a first time
for everything.

Advice appreciated,
Al