[AT] 430V update. Dodged a bullet

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Nov 3 18:32:35 PDT 2017

Not much to report but I do have a few things.

Now that I have a few hours of running time on the tractor I did a compression test. I dodged a bullet. The number one cylinder looks great and variance is minimal between the two cylinders. Compression rings and cylinder wall condition must be A-OK.  Pictures below.

I adjusted the valves again. One needed to be tweaked ever so slightly (not even on the  stuck cylinder )but generally the adjustments I did at the outset held true.

Dean:  I ordered that serial number search. There were some limitations on the model M(which I used to own) and some minor limitations for the Dubuque tractors in general but for some reason in my mind I confused that with no availability. Thanks for the reminder to check into that.