[AT] Spam> Re: Was hole saw now sharpening in general

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue May 30 19:15:31 PDT 2017

I imagine its like a lot of things now, easier to replace than repair. I
take care of ordering all the tooling in the machine shop I work at. I
had to go thru several re-grinding shops before I could find one that
could do decent quality work at affordable prices. I found one in New
Jersey that does fantastic work, but they wanted the same money as I
could replace with new tooling. I finally found a shop in Wisconsin that
does work as good of quality as new, for reasonable prices. All the
local shops just kind of phased out it seems, quality was my issue with
them.

Anytime you want metal cutting tools, go to either MSC or Travers. Their
no-name made in USA stuff should be good enough quality for the average
home/farm shop. I find that McMaster, Grainger, Fastenall, big-box
stores, various welding supply house--all tend to be overpriced.

John Hall