[AT] Man, but the old ones are solid

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun May 28 14:11:40 PDT 2017

Looks to me like the gas cap and gasket etc are okay, and that fuel stain is
a result of some prior circumstance before I bought the tractor.   Today I
filled the tank all the way full then spent an hour or so brushhogging on
rolling, somewhat hilly land.   No trace of any new fuel leakage.

The stain may simply have been a case of the prior owner having difficulty
refueling the tractor.   He only sold it because he wasn't able to climb up
on it anymore... while I kid about gas cans being heavier than they were 30
years ago, he would likely have been thinking of 60 or 70 years ago.

Good suggestion about the heavy-duty step stool or some such aid to get up a
little higher while refueling.   I'm plenty tall but couldn't hurt to be in
a little more advantageous position.

Dean Vinson
St Paris, Ohio