[AT] El Diablo shift key

DonThiel dwt at rrt.net
Tue May 23 18:32:16 PDT 2017

All:   I have one of the famous IH model 666s, lovingly referred to as
El Diablo.    There is a key (approx 1/4 x 1/4 x 1 1/2) in the shift
linkage that keeps falling out when I move the shift lever to the 4-5
side of the range.  Then I get to dig around to find wherever it fell to
and try to get it slid back in place.   This takes three hands and a
flashlight.  Cuss words optional.   The key is supposed to stay in place
by friction, but I am guessing the slot is worn.    Other than never
shifting to 4-5, anyone got any good suggestions for me?   Do I have my
trusty machine shop make me a larger key?   How much larger?    Cannot
reach it with a calipers to measure the slot slop.

Thanks.

Don