[AT] Hydraulic fitting

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri May 12 14:02:18 PDT 2017

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I finally decided to try one more brute force attempt(after 2 more heat and oil treatments).   So I put a pipe wrench on it, and this time used  a 4' pipe (used 2' before) on the pipe wrench handle and put everything I had on it.   Still nothing. So I tried the other one. That one came loose. So I went back to the first one.  I basically had to lunge at it -  it finally broke free.

I wonder what the torque value is of a 200 pound man accelerating at a 4 foot long handle - I'll bet it's upwards of 600+ ft/pounds. And all it did was budge just enough to let me know that I can finally get it.

Turns out those with a 90° fittings are not common.  It would take a week to get those fittings in.  Anyways I just got back from the hydraulic hose place and the counter guy  and I had to rig up another solution.

Thanks again!

Spencer Yost