[AT] "older men" and change

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 09:48:40 PDT 2017

That's the correct formula for HP.  The problem is that it doesn't give you
*peak* HP.  If you have the inputs to the formula (torque and RPM) then you
must have plucked them off a spec sheet, and therefore your numbers are
peak torque and the RPM that it happens to occur, which is typically well
below the RPM for peak HP.

Here's a link to output curves for Honda GX 390.  Peak HP is at 3600 rpm.
Peak torque is much lower RPM.

http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/charts/6066.pdf

SO