[AT] OT modern computer controlls

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Fri Mar 24 18:32:57 PDT 2017

I'll agree with Spencer on this; keep using old tractors. I have four
farm size tractors, the newest one at 28 years the rest over 40 years.
The newest is a JD 4255; I am told but don't know for sure, that it is
the last series that was all mechanical. I even have to pull a knob on a
cable to shut it off. Even the power shift is all mechanical. My IH 856
and 574 plus my JD 3020 are over 40 years old and never heard of a
computer. My brother on the other hand has an IH compact with 900 hours
and has spent about $6000 dollars trying to keep the computer and
electronic clutch working. I know some of this new stuff can be great
when it works but for now lets hear it for the old tractors.
       Greg Hass