[AT] more HP guaranteed!/now front end on the ground.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 18 15:22:38 PDT 2017

I used to stare at the "traction booster" gauge in mild amazement
as I plowed.  It was constantly jumping as the pressure changed in the
system and the hydraulics had a peculiar yenk, yenk, yenk sound.  Folks
now who buy old Allis tractors often fuss about the traction booster but
if they ever had the pleasure of running one that was right, set up by the
factory or a good dealer, they would change their tune.

Another thing I found strange about the Allis tractors or at least ours was
something that happened if the tractor started to spin while pulling a plow
or disc in sandy or loose soil.  It would spin one wheel and then stop that
wheel
and spin the opposite side wheel back and forth by it's self as if you were
alternately
stomping on the left and right brake pedals.  David or others who ran A-C's
did you ever
experience that or was it just something peculiar about the rear end set up
on ours?
Anyway, it would walk it’s self out of a bad spot doing that.

Charlie