[AT] more HP guaranteed!/now front end on the ground.

David Bruce tractor57 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:23:26 PDT 2017

I learned to drive a tractor using an Allis D-14. When I switched to a
Ferguson type draft control system I had to learn a lot of different
things.

A story on the D-14. The first tractor I ever drove was an Allis B
pulling a sled in the tobacco field. I was about 6 or 7 at the time. I
could not get a handle on the B's clutch so it was switched to be the
"to the barn" tractor while I drove the D-14 in the field. I could not
reach both the clutch and brakes at the same time so I had to depress
the clutch, shift to neutral and then hit the brake pedals.  That was a
bit of a problem as the tobacco field had rows running up and down a
significant hill. Later I would plow with the D-14 after school and into
the night in late winter and early spring. There I learned the
advantages of the traction booster system.

David

NW NC