[AT] Points

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Mar 9 09:14:02 PST 2017

I also have the points problem each spring after we have been gone 5 months
to AZ.  I have coined a term for it and I call it the "Washington Fuzz" that
collects on the points contacts.  But was has me a bit confused is that it
shows up on some tractors but not on others. For example. I have the 1936 JD
AO parked in the same aisle as the 1958 JD 620 in the storage barn. When we
get home the 620 will pop right off like it had run yesterday. The 36 AO
will not fire until I do a heavy cleaning of the points. Same ambient
environment.  The only point difference is the 36 AO has a magneto and the
58 620 has a distributor.   I suspect there may be a difference in how well
the distributor is sealed vs the magneto.  I have thought about trying to
put a plastic bag seal around the 36 AO magneto as a test but I've not
gotten a Round Tuit yet.

Dean VP
Apache junction, AZ

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.