[AT] Deere 4020 oil leak

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Mar 8 19:54:09 PST 2017

Probably best putting a new one on it, unless that new one is paper
thin..  I have had pretty good luck soldering radiators with a small tip
on my acetylene welding torch.  If you can find that solder and flux
mixture that was called FAST at one time it works great.  heat a little
to melt the paint and scrub with a wire brush.  use just a little acid,
then put the paste all around the seam, and heat while applying the
solder wire...  A leak on the underside of the connection while the
radiator is on the tractor takes a little longer and a little more
contortions.  The older I get, the more those contortions result in
cramps...

Cecil in OKla