[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Jun 19 17:49:23 PDT 2017

Thanks Paul, a flange and gasket is definitely on the list.

I followed Cecil's recommendation and added methanol(ISO-heet).  It definitely mopped up any last remaining water.  Let it sit for five or 10 minutes and sucked it out.  That first application with methanol turned  cloudy with water. Then repeated.   That remained clear so I think I got any lingering water.   Nothing like using a highly flammable central nervous system toxin to keep you on your toes :-)

I did not realize that DMSO is a penetrant. I always thought of it as a solvent but it makes sense and certainly can't hurt.  I have used it before on animals as a drug delivery solvent for their skin.  So I have some around.   I mixed up equal parts of diesel, ATF, and DMSO and added it after the methanol treatment.

In another safety note, DMSO not only delivers drugs through the skin very rapidly, it also will deliver gas, oil, methanol or anything else that's dissolved in it.  So between the DMSO and methanol, gloves were a definite must-have  in the shop tonight.

We'll see how this round of soaking goes...

Spencer Yost