[AT] 430 update

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Fri Jun 30 18:43:23 PDT 2017

I am not really a wheel tractor expert but would it not be better to
just jack up one rear wheel?
There should be some movement of the free wheel. Just rocking it
should give you considerable impact if the tractor is in the highest
gear. I believe these impact no matter how light could be far more
effective than any constant force scheme.

Quoting Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net>:

> pounds/in and so much air is moving through the cylinder the air is
> actually blowing the penetrant off the  top of the piston and
> blowing it out the exhaust manifold.  I guess that rust/rust flakes
> from the manifold are preventing the valve from seating. Exercising
> the exhaust valve up-and-down didn't seem to create an improvement
> in the situation.

While I am in the group that would like to see it run without taking
the head off, if you cant get that valve to seal you are probably
going to be looking at valve work.

Tom