[AT] 430V update

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 22 06:07:16 PDT 2017

Spencer,  A friend of mine had his IH 444 under another friends "river
camp".
It got put out in the yard because of a party at the camp and was left there
for about a year or so.  Because it had a rain cap on the exhaust they
didn't worry
about it but like your JD they didn't realize it was leaking around the
muffler-manifold
connection.  When I checked it, there was about 2 gallons of rain water in
the base pan.
They ended up pulling the head, sanding and honing the cylinder walls after
they beat it
loose with a wood block and hammer.

When put back together it runs like a top.  The guy that actually fixed it
is another friend
of mine who builds $100,000.oo plus race engines for a living.  They seemed
to think he knew
more about fixing a tractor than I do.  LOL.  Actually he just had a spot in
his shop where they
could work on it and time to give them technical advice and loan them tools.

Charlie