[AT] Morton Tractor Shed

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jun 21 05:25:31 PDT 2017

I had a 12x36 Morton Building for a shed to park the baler and a couple
of tractors in.  It was originally built a 1/2 mile away and I moved it
here, then blocked it to the correct height on a pad, and anchored the
posts with 2 T posts strapped to the Building posts w/ 1.5 inch x 3/32
strapping and 3/8 in bolts.   A small tornado came thru here last spring
and turned the building over on its roof.  It was open to the south.

I looked closer at it yesterday to figure out how to resurrect it, and
of course I was concerned if I had compromised the integrity by the way
it was anchored.  I had to cut off the posts above the concrete
anchoring when we moved it.  The bottom chord of the trusses is a 2x12,
the bottom chord split just below the anchor point of the 2x6 purlins on
3 of the trusses.  3 of the laminated posts on the South side had pulled
apart, a tension failure in the board itself.

Now, I have to rebuild it upside down so I can turn it back over.  Then
turn the opening another direction.  The wind in this part of the
country is the worst.....

Cecil in oKla