[AT] 430V update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Jun 19 07:30:25 PDT 2017

Thanks for all the thoughts and input.     I think it's interesting someone else on the list had the same exact problem.  I guess it's a pattern with these engines.   I used to have a single wheel MT.  It had a new manifold when I bought it.   Now I know why (-;

With Joe's note that it ran last year(I thought it was a couple of years ago) I am going to take Dean's advice and be a little more patient.  The tractor can't be as bad as it looks in only a year.  The camera is handy to a point, but you can't pick up nuances with it. The LED light just creates too much glare.  It is possible the rust looks worse than it is.

One new development: I was cleaning out the mighty vac vacuum and noticed there was some beads/globs of water mixed in with it penetratant so some water still existed.   So I plan on a few "flushing" cycles.  It's hard to tell how much water was in there, but it is possible that the penetrant simply floated on thin layer of water and never actually reached any of the areas that needed it.

Spencer Yost