[AT] Welder shocks

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 17:01:53 PDT 2017

Cecil,

Looking at the wiring diagram for that welder the secondary (welding side) should be isolated from the line (input power side).  The 250 should be grounded per installation instructions and NEC.  I would take a multimeter and check from the + and - welding leads to AC power ground and you should have little or no voltage. Now the voltage between + and - electrodes can get 50 or more volts and is marked on the machine or in the specs.  If you get between ground (-) and the and any part of the rod or  non insulated part of  holder (+) it will hurt ya since the ground clamp was connected to the trailer which in turn was grounded as mentioned in your description..

Gary

Renton, WA