[AT] 430V Update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Jun 13 20:03:52 PDT 2017

Cylinder #2 continues to drain my penetrating solution and looks good with the inspection camera.   Barely a ridge and the valves look great.

Cylinder #1 is clearly the culprit in the stuck engine.   The tractor came to me with WD-40 already sitting in the cylinder and I have simply been adding fluid.  So I haven't been able to use the camera on it.   If it's draining, as opposed to evaporating(my fluid includes Gibbs penetrant which is lightweight and will evaporate) its draining _very_ slowly - like a drop or two a day.

I'll probably mop out the fluid soon so I can get the camera in there.   Debris, like mouse nest stuff, isn't evident in the fluid and the exhaust/intake passages looked secure enough that it seems improbable.

I tried rocking a rear wheel.   Absolutely no movement.   Tighter than a drum.  I haven't tried anything with more force like chaining the rear wheels and lifting.   After looking at the wheels I'm not sure I can do it without marring them up and lumber won't fit the small cut-out in the wheel disc.

Stay tuned.

Spencer Yost