[AT] JD 430 update

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Jun 8 11:54:26 PDT 2017

The key to all this is to have patience. Lots of patience. ATF and Diesel
fuel will get the job done, you just have to wait for it.  Make sure you
have the rocker arms off.  In case you also have stuck valves.  I waited 6
months on my JD 60 but I had other priorities to work on so it was easier to
wait.  Every day I would tug on a bar I had attached to the flywheel. Didn't
put the bar under constant tension which might have reduced the time. One
day it moved just a little bit!!!.  It wasn't long until I had several
revolutions.  Put diesel fuel in the crankcase and had my wife pull me
around in gear with another tractor. Soon it was fully free. Wasn't long and
I had it running.  Got it up to working temperature by putting a cover over
the grill. A few times of that and the few remaining stuck rings broke free
and all was cool. Never have had to overhaul it.  Really good puller and
doesn't smoke. It too was a very low hour tractor. The PO didn't like the
tractor because it had no power and didn't use it much. Turns out the
governor linkage was not adjusted right. Picked up over 10HP on the dyno
when I adjusted it right.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.