[AT] new duties

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sun Jul 2 12:28:04 PDT 2017

The "chicken roost" steering rod was unusual; opinion was the bar could be
relocated on the shaft (back at gas tank) approx 180 degrees in event the
front end was changed from NFE to WFE and likewise at front end and thus it
would be inside the front wheel.  Yes, you could get into the fence if you
did not plan ahead. I do not remember myself or Dad ever getting into the
fence and I operated that tractor many thousands of hours.
Ron mentioned belt work; the Case was never a problem on a belt.  A Farmall
neighbor solved his belt problem by adding more than a dozen wood 2" x 2" x
8"  pieces making the pulley approx 4" larger diameter. Never did measure
pulley diameters, but quite sure the Case pulley was larger than the
Farmall. Herb(GA)