[AT] 444 Massey Startup

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 23 20:21:32 PDT 2017

On 7/23/2017 8:48 PM, Mike M wrote:
> Came through fine, Ralph. Enjoyed the video. How long had the Massey
> been sitting?
>
> Mike M
Mike, I would say not too many years since the Massey last ran. The 6000
Ford was parked in the shed soon after it was built in 2003 so that one
had a long rest.
The Massey 444 was the main tractor that farmed that half section when
the previous owner had the farm. You can see a little bit of it pulling
a 12 foot Massey
one way disker back in the 1980s in this video I put together years ago
on youtube.
One of the first jobs I got just out of school was working for a local
farmer putting in the crop and working summerfallow with that exact same
outfit. Spring of 1972 it was.
I learned how to appreciate air conditioned cabs, power steering, etc. I
always say you don't truly appreciate those things unless you have
worked long hours out in the open
in all kinds of weather on one of those tractors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hwhvfOqQ28&feature=youtu.be

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com