[AT] Looking for planter parts

deanvp deanvp at att.net
Sun Jul 23 21:20:53 PDT 2017

Herb,
The JD community isn't all that interested in it. I have given several workshops at the GOG Gathering Of the Green which is held in Davenport, IA every two years and at other shows here in the Western part of the US on the 800 Series Hitches. While the workshops are well attended there hasn't a whole lot of follow up by the community. I am known as the 800 Series Hitch guy in the John Deere Community but that and $2.00 will buy you a cup of coffee.  The series of JD tractors that these hitches fit on are not High on the JD Collectors list. The JD 50, 60 & 70 is an overlooked series and I have given workshops on that series and the attendees will respond...Wow, I didn't know how significant this series was. But anyway, when I get my Desktop Computer back from the hospital,  I will try to remember to post some pictures of the Mast Bracket Collection.  I even built a special display stand for all 17 to use at local shows.   But it is far more important to me than it has been to anyone else.  It is kind of obscure piece of JD history.   I did create a MS Excell spread sheet that is a bulleted display the shows where the 17 different Brackets are used on the various JD implements.  That summarizes years of work all on one page.  It is copyrighted but I see it pop up on Ebay quite often as a reference. The John Deere community has found that to be extremely valuable.  But antique tractor collectors are  very frugal!

-------- Original message --------From: Herb Metz <metz-h.b at comcast.net> Date: 7/23/17  8:33 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: Re: [AT] Looking for planter parts
Dean,
Very interesting; you probably have some method in mind on how you can best
preserve your successful efforts and inform the JD world, and others, of
this phase of JD History.   Looking forward to your sharing of photos, etc.
Herb(GA)