[AT] Looking for planter parts

deanvp deanvp at att.net
Sun Jul 23 20:54:52 PDT 2017

The Allis G was the only Allis that interested me enough to say if I ever found one at the right price I would try to buy it.  That never happened  but in the process I did run into one for sale that was described as a Allis G High Crop. My first reaction was: that is unique and might be worth quite a bit. Then I finally woke up and told myself that I didn't know enough about Allis G's to be paying a premium price so I walked away.  Turns out that Allis never made a High Crop version of the G  The one I saw had either been home built or had a commercial kit added to it. I didn't see anything on it that was a Rube Goldberg contraption but my gut said No!  My gut was right.

-------- Original message --------From: charlie hill <charliehill at embarqmail.com> Date: 7/23/17  11:49 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: Re: [AT] Looking for planter parts
Len I can remember in the early days of this list
a conversation about AC G's.  One guy on the list
who I can't remember now (sorry) was from Alabama
and was shocked that we had such interest in G's.
He said they were everywhere in his area and could be bought
for very little money.  I hope he bought and kept several!

Charlie