[AT] Looking for planter parts

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 23 12:39:14 PDT 2017

On 7/22/2017 7:31 PM, deanvp wrote:
> Charlie,
> Understand, I had one of those moments of being in the right place at the right time a few years ago. Over the years I had been buying some NOS and used parts from the 40's and 50's that a JD dealer had stored in a shed that I was allowed to go look in occasionally.
Great story and just the type of thing I'd like to be lucky enough to
fall into. I had a similar  experience back in the summer of 73 when the
local Ford/Monarch dealer had a close out auction sale.
I really messed up and missed out on so many good items in  the auction
but I was just a kid out of school without much money or expertise at
bidding in auctions. It was raining  heavy and  the old building was
leaking on the crowd gathered inside. I was determined not to go home
empty handed so bid on a stack of service manuals. No idea what I paid
but it would have to be cheap. Complete set of shop manuals for 1966
Ford built cars and  trucks. I've used those over the years many times.
But the best bargain was at the end of the auction when they sold off an
old wooden granary at the back of the lot that had been used to store
miscellaneous junk and  parts. The guy that bought it only wanted the
building and I was lucky enough to  get  the contents. He said I could
have  it all free if I just loaded it all up and got it out of there. I
was feeling generous though so I gave him a dollar for it all.
Came home with the box of the old International pickup loaded down with
a real treasure trove of stuff including some N.O.S. Ford stuff that  I
did not even recognize at the time. I even got my money back when
another guy saw a jack in among  the stuff and  I sold it to him for a
dollar. It was a great day.

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com