[AT] Looking for planter parts

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 16:11:59 PDT 2017

People take these old 4-row and larger planters and cut them down to 2-row "food plot" planters.  Mine is wheel driven, so I think you can only use the 2 center units.  I'm trying to contact someone that sells these cut down planters, I don't think they can use the outside row units for anything but parts or scrap. There is some listed within "day trip" distance and I could haul a row-unit in the pickup bed.
Planters that drive off the press wheel can be sliced and diced to make about anything, just add 3-pt hitch to whatever toolbar length.  I could just cut mine down to 2 or 3 rows, it would be lopsided as a 3-row, but I grew up with a 2 row planter and I really enjoy planting twice as fast.  :-)

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com