[AT] OT- Cornwell Tools

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 04:53:36 PDT 2017

I am very familiar with Cornwell.  Full disclosure, I work for a small
manufacturer of tools for the professional automotive trade, including
things like dial indicators, torque wrenches, ruggedized work lights,
picks, probes, precision screwdrivers, etc.  Our biggest customer, no
surprise, is Snap-on.  We do business with Mac and Matco, and Mac was once
upon a time very important to us (surpassing Snap-on) however quite a while
ago Mac moved a lot of the things they purchased from us to offshore
vendors.  Now to Cornwell.  They're a bit smaller than either Mac or Matco,
but still a signficant player in the professional auto tool trade.  They
have a fine reputation.  They've been around a long time (founded 1919 per
the website) so they must be doing something right.

SO