[AT] new duties

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Jul 6 15:15:18 PDT 2017

It nearly did a few times Mike.  Most of the time the hole was only a foot
or so deep and maybe
3' in diameter but even that can toss you from the seat if you happen not to
be holding on tight.
The time I hit that big hole, I don't know how I stayed on the tractor and
really don't quite know
how it made it through the hole except that I was probably going 4 1/2 mph
or so.  I don't know,
how fast will a D-14 Allis with over size rear tires go in 3rd gear high
range?  The weeds were primarily
dog fennel and some small one season growth bushes.  Nothing that the bush
hog cared about cutting.
No matter how it comes out, it's over before you know what is happening.  I
was lucky!

One subdivision I mowed for probably 15 years, about 3 times a year, I could
depend on having a new hole somewhere
every year, or  a pile of bricks or and old bbq grill,  piles of oil
filters, you name it, I have hit it.

Charlie