[AT] new duties

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 5 21:49:23 PDT 2017

On 7/5/2017 8:02 PM, Mike M wrote:
> Yikes, that could have ended badly!
>
> Mike M
>
> On 7/5/2017 8:10 PM, charlie hill wrote:
>> Carl, I can tell you something worse than a woodchuck.
>> I used to do a fair amount of commercial bush hogging.
>> Primarily I would mow vacant parts of partially developed
>> subdivisions.  When you mow the same field two or three
>> times a year for a few years you get to know the lay of the
>> land and the hazards pretty well and tend to relax, pull the
>> throttle open and roll on.
That reminds me of what my dad used to complain about when mowing other
farmer's yards for hay.
You never knew when you might hit some old machinery, rocks, barb wire
fence remains or some such
hazard with the cutter bar. His own yard he knew where it was safe and
where to avoid.

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com