[AT] new duties

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 08:10:08 PDT 2017

 Amazing how we can suddenly
> become allergic to stuff. A 60 year old guy I work with suddenly became
> allergic to bee stings a couple years ago.
>
> John Hall

Back about 1974 I developed a sudden allergy to working for somebody
else...  :-)
I tried doing it part-time a couple of times but demands increased to
nearly full time both times.  One was at the post office. Worst place I
ever worked, totally inconsiderate local management. The work itself was
kind of nice.
The second was as Garst Seeds Research Farm farm manager. Nice folks, nice
interesting work. Just too much time demand when I needed to be in my own
fields and our business. In addition to the research farm we were growing
corn in 9  plots in 3 states. Just too much time.

Great old tractor story on the Case John. Unless you are in the "deep
pocket" crowd we often just do what we have to do to keep going for the
least money. Sometimes those things that we nurse along become old friends
instead of just a tool. Some years ago one old John Deere 45-EB combine I
used for a long time had more Bondo on it than all I ever used on all of
the old cars I ever owned. Sections of sheet metal would wear through and
of course leak grain. Some of those places (especially on the corn head)
 were really hard to access to replace sheet metal but I could usually
reach back in some weird location with one arm and apply a thick layer of
Bondo. Never sanded, couldn't reach it that well... but as long as you did
it quickly and just smoothed it once and didn't keep trying to work it the
surface was acceptable. After a little running it polished up quite slick
and wore remarkably well.

Barns are a whole other ball game...  :-)

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA