[AT] new duties

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Jul 3 16:09:35 PDT 2017

First off: great picture John!  Wish I had a barn like that; but boy does it take money to build something like that now, even with sawmill lumber.  My dream and my pocketbook disagreed, so my barn is quite a bit smaller with a lot less headroom in the hay mow.

I have never driven one of these Cases, but I did rebuild the engine for one. It was for a fellow who used to be a list member back in the 90s. This is before wrote I wrote the books or anything. I haven't talked with him in probably close to 10 years but even 10 years ago he said it was still running like a top. I could not imagine driving that thing. Looks like more work than I wanted to handle.   The last time I was up there we were still doing the 15 minute warm-up and cooldown's for the head bolts and I never drove it.

I bring it up because there is an interesting story attached. They had horses, so I brought my daughter to ride horses with his wife and children on one of my visits.  My daughter had ridden horses many, many times before and was an accomplished rider at eight years old already. But for some reason on that trip she developed a deadly allergy to horses.  She was a quarter-mile away from the barn when suddenly she couldn't breathe. His wife led her on a fast gallop back to a neighbor - who was a pediatrician .  He knew what was happening, administered EpiPen and that saved her. That rebuild trip was interrupted by a ride in the ambulance to the hospital. To this day she can't even be in the horse barn without having taking Benadryl first, and she can't be close enough  to breath dander  at all.  Very weird that she developed that after being around horses for several years

There but by the grace of god go all of us.

Spencer Yost