[AT] new duties

deanvp deanvp at att.net
Mon Jul 3 12:44:59 PDT 2017

I think we can blame the tractor manufacturers for misnaming the narrow front two wheel tractors as tricycles. In JD parlance they were called Tricycles and the single wheel front ends were called narrow front ends.  Then things got even more confusing with 40T or 420T or 430T which implies Tricycle but it can also be a narrow front end or a wide front end

-------- Original message --------From: Grant Brians <sales at heirloom-organic.com> Date: 7/3/17  11:42 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: Re: [AT] new duties
It is interesting to hear the Narrow Front Tractors referred to as
Tricycles, as the tricycles here were actually three wheel tractors. I
still have multiple tricycle tractors that we do use and with the true
tricycles, I have only once seen one time where the front wheel got
caught in a strange hole and then it tried to kick to the side. Even
then not a disaster.
      On the question about the wheelstands, those are something we
heard about every so often, always with an improperly attached
implement, an incorrectly connected cable or chain or an overloaded
loader (overloading is something I have been guilty of - oops) and when
those happened, usually someone got badly injured or killed. On the
wheelstands, the type of tractor doesn't seem to make a difference
although they are a little more possible with higher horsepower to front
end weight ration. Mostly since they are almost always operator error,
look out for operator error!
             Grant Brians