[AT] new duties

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 07:47:46 PDT 2017

I don't believe I ever heard of a tricycle SC or DC Case  having trouble
with the a front end steering gear...  :-)
Maybe they were just going for simple.
Steering wheel kickback was common on a number of manual steering tractors
but the only guy I knew personally (close neighbor) to get a broken arm
from one farmed with a  tricycle SC Case. I have no idea if the steering
design had anything to do with it at all, I never drove one.
On a branch note, my father bought a 1941 Ford/Ferguson 9N new in early
1942 and he bought an add-on unit for it that mounted under the steering
wheel that was claimed to stop kickback. I guess it worked, I drove that
tractor a lot from a very young age and it never kicked back on me. The
Ferguson TO-20 did a few times and the Ford Jubilee kicked back more than
anything else we owned I think.
That 9N attachment was smaller than later after-market units that I recall
seeing on other tractors that included a steering wheel. The 9N unit was
kind of triangle shaped and you pulled the wheel, bolted it to the top of
the mount and re-attached the original wheel. It raised the wheel maybe 1
1/2".
I believe he bought it through the Ford dealer. It may have been Sherman, I
know they made one. I have never seen another like it on a tractor.

Cecil, I have a pair of Case DC rims I got for the tires on them but I'm
quite sure both rims are total junk. I also have a Case DC rear wheel cast
center. I don't suppose anyone ever breaks one of those things. I also have
a pair of those DC front cast wheels. Son Scott has been using them for
weights for a small harrow.  :-)

.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>