[AT] Selling the John Deere B

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 18:04:09 PST 2017

Glad to hear it went to someone who really wanted it!

You need more old iron. I'm finding I love not having to worry about
changing implements real often. When you part time farm its amazing how
having to take time to switch implements can mess up your expected work
output sometimes. I'd love to have another 40-70 hp tractor but I don't
make enough off the farm to ever justify that. The newest tractor we are
using is a 1972 IH 454. I'll give you and example of not switching
implements. We quit gardening so that leaves us with 2 IH Super A's--one
of which has had the rear mounted sickle mower attached for 3 years now.
It cuts hay 3 times a year, otherwise it collects dust. The other one
rakes hay and straw and does occasional trailer and empty wagon duty.

You know if you want a really old tractor, a 2 hr trip east down I-40
could find a Farmall Regular and/or an IH Industrial 20 (I-20) being
loaded on your trailer. Neither is restored, but will run, so you'd get
plenty of shop time.

John Hall