[AT] Farm flooding update California

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 22:26:06 PST 2017

Grant

were you able to rescue your equipment?

Gary
Renton, WA

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Brians <sales at heirloom-organic.com>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 24, 2017 6:23 pm
Subject: [AT] Farm flooding update California

A small update with hopefully a picture. Today it appears that our
flooding is about 120-130 acres. I am attempting to attach a picture
looking at 50 acres of water with the trees along the creek and the
"reservoir ditch" - i.e. deepened and straightened natural drainage
swale that now makes up the boundary between two fields. This is just
one of the ranches we have coveres with substantial amounts of water.
Three creeks have overflowed their banks onto land I farm, plus the road
to my home has been covered with up to 16" of water.... This is what can
happen in a WET winter year. I did lose some fields of vegetables with
all of this water, but we are still picking and selling through the rain.
      The pictures I have are not as dramatic as I know they should be,
thanks to the still green plants in the water, but hopefully this gives
an idea of the views....
               Grant Brians - Hollister,California tired and damp farmer
of vegetables, herbs, edible flowers, seeds, Walnuts and Fruit