[AT] threshing day

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 18:13:25 PST 2017

I worked two summers for an uncle in central and western KS; he had an early
model IHC self-propelled combine with manual transmission.  Our speculation
was IHC used a gearbox from an M Farmall and most of the time the gear you
were using was either too fast or too slow.  Massey introduced that variable
drive during that time.  Uncle had converted to bomber tires because they
provided a smoother ride.
The next year he bought an AC Gleaner; don't know what transmission they
used. Herb(GA)