[AT] Happy Saturday!

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 8 12:35:05 PST 2017

On 1/8/2017 12:09 AM, Mike M wrote:
> Smart ass, I knew it was a drone, I was wondering what brand and model.
> My wife bought me a drone a few years ago, before all the smart phone
> integration. I took it outside and started a climb; I quickly ran out of
> radio range and it crashed about 200 yards from the house, after about a
> 1000 ft climb. Needless to say it was returned.
I'd have to say this Autel has been pretty user friendly so far. It took
a bit of work to get the compass calibration
procedure and I needed some help but after that no problem. I stayed in
beginner mode where the altitude was
limited to 90 metres (about 100 feet) as well as the distance. Yesterday
was my first flight beyond  beginner mode
and I took some high altitude pictures of the yard. One I posted here..
I forgot to take note of the actual height but
  it was considerably higher than beginner mode. I'll never need to pay
for another aerial photo of the farm.
I think this one has the automatic return to home feature if it runs out
of range or the battery gets low.

Ralph in Sask.