[AT] Import tractors

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Fri Jan 6 07:53:51 PST 2017

Jim,

The quality of Ural trucks is shit!!!  The design may be OK if you can get one and totally rebuild it yourself. Kamaz has similar 6x6 designs and much better quality. There factory dealer "Riat" fitted some of these for international off-road truck racing and did well with them.

I was building Oilfield Equipment on some of these. We had one that broke down 3 times between the plant and Moscow. That was typical. Company I was working for tried to stop using these.

I went through the Ural factory and watched as transmissions were being assembled. Someone was trying to put sealant on a transmission cover. They got it on about 3/4 of the surface and the put it together missing sealant on 1/4 of the surface. Typical issues for these trucks.

Ural did a JV with Iveco trucks,  and then JV trucks were better quality. These were basically Iveco sub assemblies put together in a Ural plant.

Thanks
Dennis

Sent from my iPad