[AT] OT supplied air respirator vs american made

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Thu Jan 5 08:41:14 PST 2017

> I had an Airstream helmet that had tear off sheets that would allow
> you to paint. The helmet had a battery pack worn on the belt.

Cecil, I bought one of these Airstreams over twenty-five years ago when
I first started having respiratory problems when sanding certain woods.
Although a nuisance to wear due to the bulky helmet and attached air
hose tethered to the filter/battery pack on my belt, it did work well
providing clean breathing air in a dusty environment.  The drawback was
the waist-high location of the air intake/filter - big mistake to eat a
giant bean burrito right before you started work!  -  Richard